Tuesday, August 7, 2012


Woo! What a weekend! I think I’m going to have to squeeze an entry in on Saturdays to keep up or just to check in. There’s so much to share…

Okay, here we go....

National:
Sunday, in what the FBI is calling a "domestic terrorist-type incident" has shaken our country. In a matter of weeks, more innocent people have lost their lives. Just as before, I will not drug on with the gory details. I’m sure you all have heard more about than you wanted to. It breaks my heart to have to say again, my prayers are with the family of the victims and those wounded. I’m going to bit my tongue…well, my fingers and not go into gun control, stiffer laws for purchasing guns, etc. you already know. What are your thoughts on gun control? (or lack thereof??)

Entertainment
Great News! Anita Baker has released a NEW single! The track is called “Lately,” with the album anticipated to be released September 25th.  Now this, my friends is something to be excited about. I have suffered long enough with the pseudo-music that has been released of late and it does my heart good when REAL singers release something new.  We’ll keep up with Ms. Baker’s releases.

The SoNo Arts Celebration was great fun. Friday night’s kickoff party was a great way to end the week. It was so good, we went back Saturday. Oh the things you see when the sun goes down. Actually, not much in South Norwalk, but still there were some strange birds out. Save the date for next year, it is a must to support your local artists!


Olympics
Just as I predicted, the weekend’s Olympic events were awesome! There was just too much to name them all, I’ll just say Bolt - did it again! Phelps – Historic! The Williams Sisters – Remarkable! US have slipped behind China in the medal count, but it’s very close and we still have time to regain the lead! Here’s Medals count top 5: China-64 (31 Gold): US-63 (29 Gold); Russia-42; Great Britain-40; Japan-28. Go TeamUSA!


Wrap up…
As we dance into August, we are forced to accept that summer is coming to a close. With that in mind, I encourage you to get OUT and enjoy it! Stop complaining about how hot it is (helloooo…it’s summer!) Spend some time at the beach; sit in on an outdoor concert, crash a cookout! (like you haven’t done that before!)

‘Til next time!

Quote of the day
“Music is what feelings sound like.”~ Author Unknown

2 comments:

  1. What is going on in the world is out of control. And while I know that there are terrible things going on, I think that the good is greater, but somehow overlooked by those reporting. Or perhaps no one knows how to identify good news.

    The Olympics have been great, I have to agree! Hopefully, whether interested or not, parents or those fulfilling the role, have encouraged and made time to watch something with a child A great conversation starter or dream builder.

    Anita Baker...WOW! So excited, I must be signed out because I have not heard anything. Oh I forgot I do not listen to the radio. I pick artist or specific songs on Pandora, at least until I find my mp3.

    August, already? No summer can not come to an end, I do not think I had much of one, or maybe too much, that I can not remember. Either way, I have to catch up with August, but I know I am not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey A.T.!

    Out of control is an understatement! If it isn't some type of sensationalism, it isn't news. And if the news isn't about killings, bombings, or politicians getting caught in some sex scandal, it isn't worth reporting. The good news is always last to air, if at all. There is no “Good News” report - "Breaking News" never involves something or someone that has done something noble or honest.

    The Olympics are definitely a platform for encouraging not just sports, but sportsmanship. It’s a great lesson in dedication and perseverance and what can be accomplished through hard work.
    Regarding your musical choices…don’t get me started about the radio! Pandora plays new singles (I’m a regular listener!) You’ll have to adjust your choices though, I’m sure you’ve heard R. Kelly’s new tunes :-)

    ReplyDelete