Monday, August 20, 2012

We’ve been blessed with another Monday, aren’t you glad!? This weekend I had the opportunity to rest and spend time with some very dear friends. There’s nothing like being greeted with hugs and kisses from people who are genuinely happy to see you.

Here we go…!!

From The Headlines…
Mitt Romney 2011 Tax Return To Be Released By October 15” - Yes, you’ve read that correctly, and No it’s not the returns he’s been badgered about. What will be released weeks before the election are his 2011 tax returns. I know, I know, we thought he did that already didn’t we? What he actually released was his 2010 tax information, along with an estimate of his 2011 return. (Hmmm…anyone else see the discrepancy here??) Also to note, his running mate has released the Romney-standard 2 years of his tax returns. And before you ask, no Romney still isn’t releasing more than the 2 years.
Coming to a Theater Near You: J. Lo in 3D!” - This is just asking for it! Justin and Katy did great with their concert movies. Maybe I’ve missed something, but I don’t recall hearing about a mob of people trying to get the latest J. Lo album, concert ticket, or anything for that matter! Stay in your lane Jennifer! (The one that doesn’t exist!)
Woman Sues for Billions Because Parking Meters Make Her Sick” - A woman in Santa Monica, CA is suing the city because she claims the newly installed parking meters have caused ear infections and neck pains. She’s asking for $1.7 million for each month the meters have been installed – good luck with that!

Sparkle Didn’t Shine” – The movie came in 5th on the Box Office list, making $12 million in its release weekend. I’m guessing they were hoping with it being the final movie of Whitney Houston, the theaters would have been packed with her fans. I’m personally waiting for the crowds to die down…maybe this weekend!

Bookshelf
Next on the of Top 50 titles from/by African Americans is “Breath, Eyes, Memory” by Adwidge Danticat. This fresh Haitian writer has the power to pull you into a story. This story tells of a young girl that is transported from her home in Haiti to her mother, a woman she barely remembers in New York. Secrets, truths, and heartache lace this riviting story from beginning to end. Enjoy! Available on Barnes & Noble in paperback and NOOK Book!

Something to Think About…
How do you define success? Is it making a lot of money? Perhaps it’s reaching a career or academic goal? Whatever your definition, how does it define you? (Hmmm….)

 ‘Til next time!

 Quote of the day
“Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world.”  ~Lily Tomlin

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day it has been.

    Nothing surprises me with the Romney camp. What does surprise me is the lack of unity I see in the American people for this crap. If I were applying for a job and my potential employer required certain documents that I did not want to share or refuse to share, chances are my discussion would be over. Why exactly are we still entertaining this crap. Simple, he should not be taken serious as a candidate.

    J. Lo, I think is trying to find something to do, as she falls from the spotlight.

    I was in the number reported of those who went to see Sparkle, and I must say the ladies night and movie were good. It is not the original, but in its own just like the original, I could easily see it again and again.

    And I forgot to mention, that I love the bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point AT, in any other arena or situation, anyone who is hesitant about providing information there is a marginal possibility that he/she would not be hired or trusted...and nobody seems to think so in Romney's case.

    Glad you're enjoying the Bookshelf! Hope you can check out some of the titles.

    ReplyDelete