Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thursday - 8/2


Obviously, I was more tired yesterday than the day before. I was seeing triple by the time I got settled last night. I’m still tired (more on that another day) but I’m forging ahead. Knowing that tomorrow is Friday is giving me enough energy tonight.

Here we go....

Entertainment (truly!)
I wasn’t going to, but it’s just too comical not to at least touch on it briefly. What in the world is going on with those crazy Jacksons!?? Whenever I see a headline with their name in it, I chuckle and I’m certain I’m not alone when I do.  I’m almost ashamed to admit that I read the article because this fiasco is just too amusing.

Based on what’s being reported (which is a shot in the dark for being true) you have a set of siblings slinging accusations over a will that has absolutely nothing to do with them; a nephew filing for and being awarded temporary guardianship of MJ’s three kids; Tweets, Texts, and surveillance videos of botched “kidnapping” just to name a few.  And then there are MJ’s kids, two teenagers with loaded Smartphones and not enough discipline (That Paris is something else!), and the youngest who seems totally lost in the midst of all the chaos.

I understand wanting to look out for their mother, but if Mrs. Jackson has not contested the will, what is their problem. I’m just asking. Of course, we don’t know what all really happened, and most likely never will.  I do hope for the sake of the children they all get their act together (rooting for Ms. Ross to straighten them out!) What do you think about all this – Do you even care? (LOL)

Olympics
Because I vegged out with TCM last night, I didn’t tune in for much of the games, but I do have a question. Why is trampolining an Olympic sport?? What is training like for this “sport” (sport???) I'm getting my snack list together for this weekend's games. It's going to be great! Anyway here is the Medals count top 5: US-37 (18 Gold); China-34 (18 Gold); Japan-19; Germany-17; Russia-17. Go TeamUSA!

Wrap up…
For my local readers, this weekend is the 37th Annual SoNo Arts Celebration If you love art, the streets will be lined up with some of the area’s best. Jewelry, photography, crafts and everything creative can be found. There’s live music, a section for the kids and of course the giant puppet parade on Sunday. Check out the guide for more info and if you have nothing to do, make this your thing to do! I want to know what you think and what you took home!

‘Til next time!

Quote of the day
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”  ~Eleanor Roosevelt

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you brought the topic of the Jacksons. What in the world?! Since when or how still can be think it is ok not to punish our children with strict disicplline needed, when we read and see all this mess on the news. Somebody needs to take the belt to that Paris. lol! And old school beaten will straighten them up.

    Lmbo! No comment on the Olympic sports. I will not say one word, but that may be because I can't stop laughing.

    Oh and I can leave without mentioning the great quotes you leave us with for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A.T. - I've said it before, and I'll say it again, undisciplined children have no place in realm. I can’t wrap my mind around it. And as far as those other Jacksons, SOMEbody needs to intervene before they drive poor Mrs. Jackson crazy (which may be their plan 0_0 Hmmm…)

    You know darn well Trampolining is NOT a sport! If it is, why isn’t there a league? Who was the MVP? Where are the snazzy jerseys?? I’m just saying…

    Glad you’re enjoying the quotes…thanks for the comments-keep ‘em coming!

    Take note people! Don’t be shy…join in

    ReplyDelete