Thursday, July 29, 2010

Just Rambling...

I haven’t been in the mood for any heavy thinking, and therefore, no heavy writing. I reserve my “fluff” pieces for private reading. I purposely diverted from watching TV in the past couple of weeks because I was honestly and plainly tired of it all.

Capping, not capping, re-capping…the reasons and excuses began sounding like a broken record. Gallons and gallons of oil pumping into the waters and nobody can come up with a solution. Robots, sealers, closures of various sizes have been tried but, to no avail. I think they’ve found one that has slowed the flow. I haven’t actually tuned in long enough to actually see the details.

I watched a piece on TV the other day about a man who is instrumental in creating a new “Pixie Dust” (that’s the actual nickname they called it!) This material replaces damaged muscle. For example, soldiers that have lost limbs or have suffered scarred or damaged tissue due to bombings and such, can undergo treatment with this new material and have it replaced. One soldier received it and has experienced complete rehabilitation of the muscle lost in his thigh. He said that it he has gained strength that wasn’t there before. It was also used on an elderly man diagnosed with cancer in his esophagus. Using this material, they replaced his esophagus and he has no signs of cancer.

Hmmm…

I bet you can guess where I’m going with this. There are doctors, scientists, technicians, etc. out there who can come up with the greatest discoveries known to man. You mean to tell me there isn’t anyone out there that can come up with way to cap a pipe?

2 comments:

  1. I've sounded the alarm! This makes absolutely no sense to me. A country who can put a man on the moon, live in outer space, create clones, and a simple cap, um...some how we don't have the intelligence for such. There is something so wrong with this picture.

    Interesting to me, I was tuning in a month or so ago and congress was speaking to all the CFO/CEO of the big (3) and asking about their measurements. And one I gentlemen said, something like it wouldn't be our company we have the right procedures in place. (Needless to say I was astonished) Wondering if the rest of the viewers were thinking what I was. I say we put all the people involved out on the nearest hotel to the gulf. Let them live there for a little while.

    Someday there will be accountability again! Everyone will be responsible for their own actions and held to a standard. There will be follow-up and follow through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've hit the nail on the head...ACCOUNTABILITY!!! No one is held responsible anymore...oh how I long for the 'ol good days!

    ReplyDelete