Friday, June 4, 2010

I’m In Love with A Blackberry (and I don’t mean the fruit!)

Okay, I know that sounds so corny and so, umm 2010 (doesn’t quite flow like ‘80’s) but I have become one of “Them” OMG!

Seriously, I remember being on the train or sitting in Starbucks seeing people totally absorbed with the little device in the palm of their hands. I recall saying to myself “there is nothing THAT important” Well…I broke down and upgraded my Razor for a BB last summer and my life hasn’t been the same. I know that sounds dramatic, and I totally agree, but it really hasn’t been the same. I don’t spend nearly as much time sitting in front of my desktop as I did before. Unless I’m updating my iPod or doing research, or something else that requires or is more comfortable to view on a larger screen, I’m giving my thumbs a vigorous work-out!

Now, of course this handy little dandy has its downfalls. You become so alert at receiving Alerts, every “Ding”, “Chime”, or “Vibe” you’re reaching for that smooth machinery clipped onto your hip. Whenever the word “Apps” is mentioned, your ears perk up. “Sync” has taken on new dimensions in your world and there’s no stopping it. Unless of course, you trade it in for something else, which is considered a “Downgrade” (Never that!)

All I can say is once you go BLACKberry, you’ll never go back!

2 comments:

  1. Too funny...and please don't let there be a multitude of people in the same location and a "Ding", or "Chime" goes off, everyone is doen in their bags, pulling phones from their inside jacket pocket or waist just to confirm that it isn't them.

    Or you are so deep in conversation and the familiar sound rings, and you say hold on, just to read the latest post, or view that email, see that IM....You're not alone...it's addictive, and if we aren't to careful, we'll need to be saved :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I was one of the ones giving "The Look" to others who pulled out there BB every 20 seconds. I am proud to say though, that I haven't gone too far. I STILL think it's rude to pull out your BB and start responding to emails, FB Updates, etc. during dinner or when you're in someone's company. I try to give the person I'm with my undivided (I'll sneak a peek when they're not looking just to make sure it's not an emergency!)and expect I the same courtesy in return. I have NO PROBLEM excusing somebody from my dinner table if they're sitting there talking, texting Tweeting...just RUDE!

    ReplyDelete