Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Breaking News!

I bet when you saw that header, you thought to yourself “Now what’s happened?” I know I did when I read the same header within my news feed, followed by: “Al Gore and his wife of 40 years are separating”


???


Since when did someone’s breakup become “Breaking News” I don’t know if I was more angry than annoyed. Angry because I thought another devastating storm hit or was on its way or BP has finally figured out a way to stop the oil from flowing (stay tuned for more on that one!) But as I scrolled down and read the caption about the former VP, I became annoyed. Not to mention I had to hear it at the top of every hour on the radio, because they’re streaming and reading from the same feed.


Whose job was it to say “Yes, that’s breaking news…run it!” Really? This actually takes precedence over the fact that in a matter of weeks, there will be THOUSANDS of young adults out of school with NOTHING to do for the summer. (I’d also like to add that I’m just sick to death of hearing about Jesse and Sandra. He cheated. She left. End of story!)


You know, I once read that the government will issue “news” to divert from what’s really happening.


Hmmm….

2 comments:

  1. Don't get me started on this. WHO Cares? Breaking News...Our children are negelcted daily, their fundings shorted regularly because, we are caught up on who's divorcing, cheating, and living with who. Give me a break, when did smut become the news.

    I can't believe the news topics we believe are so important. I wonder if someone actually listens and says next time, you know we shouldn't do that, it wasn't important. Or "how misleading were we when we did that, we shouldn't do that again." It's just amazing what we settle for, the listeners and watchers, we need to say enough is enough.

    And if I hear one more thing about Al Gore or Sandra Bullock's late breaking news I'm gonna scream....Can someone get the job description or Reporter and another find the definition of New's and lets send it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGGHH! What has become of the intelligent and gifted?? Stay tuned for more on this topic...it's too much going on for just 1 posting!

    ReplyDelete