Monday, May 24, 2010

The Occasional Distraction…

It normally takes a bit to derail me, but when it happens, boy am I off track (pun intended) I can be coasting along, smooth sailing and then all of a sudden – WHAM! I hit a wall or trip over a hurdle. Now I know this should be taken as ‘normal’, we all have our ‘moments’, blah, blah, blah. But for some reason, I like to exclude myself from those types of travesties. I like to believe that I am always on point. A grave discovery I’m just now admitting that I am not. An admittance that I am choosing to share, I will consider my First Step.

The First Step toward allowing myself to have these aforementioned ‘moments’. To give myself permission to just ‘Be” and to be okay with not always being “Together”…all the time. I’m going to remember to have more talks with myself when things get out of reach and to listen when my inner self says “it’s okay, take a break”

That said, I am declaring this period my “Let It Flow…” period, referred as The Second Step. I recall a few years ago being in a similar state of mind and enjoying it. I turned down a few activities and I encouraged myself to tap into other wells of resources and strongly suggested others to do the same.

The Third and most important Step is not to get lost. I have to stay mindful of my point; to not cut off completely from others, but not be consumed. It is imperative that I stay in line with my calling to help.

The occasional distraction will be allowed…

No comments:

Post a Comment