Monday, May 3, 2010

Another One...

As I exited from that place of dreams, right before the second or third wave of sleep kicks in, I sleepily opened my eyes to another day.
Another day - Monday.
I can hear the rain beating against the leaves drooping from the trees outside my window. It’s dark and Panther (my cat) is curled up at the foot of my bed, oblivious to the beauty going on around him (or is he?) I lay there for a few minutes and just listen. A car goes by and I hear its horn blaring, disrupting God’s symphony. It stops and I snuggle down to hear more of His rhythms. I peek over to see what time it is and realize I still have 2 more hours of sleep before I have to get up. Actually, because it’s raining I only have 90 minutes if I want to get to work on time (and we all want that, don’t we!)
Monday – the beginning of another workweek.
Another beginning of a commuting, traffic, and coffee combos. Another beginning of phony smiles and repeated forced Good Morning’s to the very people I bumped into at the mall or grocery store and they gave me that “I know you from somewhere” look, but didn’t speak, yet Monday here they are, all smiles. (Hmmm…)
Once settled, I get into a grove and whisper a prayer of thanks because this could've been the beginning of an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment