Monday, January 16, 2012

Become What You Believe ©

What do you believe about yourself? This question goes beyond the typical answer of “I’m a great listener…” or “I’m a people person.” What we believe about ourselves is who we become.  I can recall being a little girl and claiming what I would be when I grew up. It changed regularly but one thing that remained the same was that each career I chose, I was going to be great at it. Whether it was at nursing, teaching, performing, or executing (don’t ask) I was going to be the best. Today I am all those things, perhaps not professionally, but definitely in some capacity I have incorporated all those things I dreamed of being when I was a young girl into my existence as of today.
There was a time when my beliefs did not line up to what God had intended. I can look back now and see that was my period of ‘Growing Pains’ and painful it was. Decisions based on emotions distorted my view of who I was and more importantly, who I wanted to be. After a period of constantly dusting myself I asked myself the most compelling question we could ask: “Do you believe you are worthy all that God has promised?”
That one question sparked a series of ‘Internal Makeovers’ for me and those around me; and I now pose it to you.
What do you believe about yourself? Have you set yourself up for success or are you allowing yourself to be weighed down by years believing your ‘Shadow Beliefs?’Oprah Winfrey describes these as the doubts, fears, and discouragement from our subconscious voice which holds us back. Whether you’ve convinced yourself or allowed others to shape your belief about who you are (or should be) is based on what you choose to accept. The Being that you’ve become, believe it or not, is based on what you have believed about yourself.
If you are not living your dream or working toward them, I encourage you to begin to shift to the level of Believing that you are worthy of all good things. The average person believes only what is tangible, but it is imperative that we believe the place of our dreams not our nightmares. 
Commit to yourself!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Similarly I was having this very conversation with someone just recently. We were discussing how easily our mind and thoughts influence our actions. When you look back years could pass and some will find them selves in the same place frustrated because time has passed them by.

    I have learned and I continue to learn important lessons about "The Power of Positive Thinking". It really is important that we internalize what we want in order to bring it to what is the now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit the nail right on....Internalize what we want! How often or how convenient it is to believe the mess, because it doesn't require work. Hmmmm....

      Delete