Thursday, June 16, 2011

Things I’ve Learned…©

There are lessons learned the traditional way, with planned assignments, tests, and studying. Then there are those that come unexpected, more in a “Pop-Quiz” kind of way; these are undoubtedly more intriguing and perhaps harder to absorb.

The lesson can be in Life, Love, Finance, Family, etc. Those are the heavy hitters, I call those the Majors (i.e. college) Then there are those I consider the Electives, they appear to be pointless, but you need them to complete the curriculum; Laundry, Packing…you know, the things that need some type of methodical logic to them, but not enough that will alter your life in a huge way.

Whether you Major in Life, Family, or in any of the core disciplines, you have to master them. This takes studying, dedication, and the aforementioned occasional test. Recently, I encountered a Family exam, and it was a hard lesson. Of course, I have taken a few exams before in this course and thought I had done pretty well. Unfortunately (unfortunate…still wondering about that) I realized that I was giving myself a biased curve. What I thought were common-sense realities, turned out to be jaded pretenses.

It dawned on me that I don’t have to be the Captain of the Clean-Up Crew, but instead a friendly helper. As a Captain, I’m all out of cleaner; the cleaner, being a metaphor for answers and solutions. I don’t have to swoop in, fix it, and fly back to home base.

I’ve put my cape in storage.

What I’ve learned: Let go, and Let God!

No comments:

Post a Comment